Sleep plays an important role in good health and well-being throughout all stages of life. Getting enough sleep can help protect your mental and physical health, quality of life, and safety.
- How much sleep we need changes as we age. Young adults should aim for 7-9 hours a night. Use a bedtime calculator for guidance on when to hit the hay.
- Set up your dorm or bedroom for more shut-eye.
- Daily routines have a big impact on sleep quality. Learn how to develop healthy sleep habits.
- Mindfulness and meditation practice help to increase sleep quality, particularly body scan meditations and deep breathing.
- Make use of productive napping! Check out this “How to Nap” infographic.
- Explore more sleep health topics, and learn about the 13 commandments for students with sleep problems.